Question10: what is necessary for usage of altimeter in VSM ?
Answer10: In order for an altimeter graph to be admissible, the following rules apply:
The altimeter graph
- must include the circle tow sequence, with a minimum of the last two circle - straight tow sequences before launc
- must include the actual landing of the model
- must show altitude in meters and time in seconds
- must show no thermal activity
Which data are used:
- landing position in seconds
- launch of the model (0 seconds)
- elevation at landing position
- elevation at launch (can not be over 52 meters)
- the first seconds of the glide will be extrapolated back in time to establish the true maximum altitude (i.e. ‘virtual stalls’ caused by airflow over the sensor will not be taken into accounts
- details on terrain elevations can be added as additional information
In cases of uncertainty please request Allard van Wallene
Question9: Can I fly VSM without having a timekeeper ?
Answer9: yes, you can use Altimeter by following the instructions like given under and in question 10.
Question8: Can I use different models in one flying session ?
Answer8: Yes, you can use every flight another model.
Question7: What is, when I make only 3 flights.
Answer7: Then the non flown 4th flight will be as worsest deleted.
Question6: What is, when I make only 4 flights.
Answer6: Then the non flown 5th flight will be as worsest deleted.
Question5: What is, when I could not finish minimum 3 flights, due wind as increasing or thermal will start ?
Answer5: then this VSM flying session is over and only the flown flights can be entered. Start another morning again.
Question4: Can a flyer use different fields for a single set of result?
Answer4: No – one VSM session must be flown one morning
Question 3: Can a flyer have more than one set of results in the same model class?
Answer 3: Yes – you can have multiple VSM sessions with the same model class
Question 2: Do I need to pay again if I fly another session in another model class?
Answer 2: Yes – the price for every session is 2 Euro paying by bank transfer and 2,50 EURO paying by PayPal to cover the Transfer costs
Question 1: Do I need to pay again if I fly another session in the same model class?
Answer 1: Yes – the price for every session is 2,50 Euro